B-Tec Level 2 Diploma
Brief Description of the Course:
(NB. All programmes are based on credit accumulation. Each unit of study is worth either 5 or 10 credits towards the total amount needed to achieve the qualification)
This is a new BTEC course that has replaced the First Diploma Football Studies as a Level 2 introductory course in order to fit the new National Qualifications and Credit Framework
This is a broad based course which covers areas including Sport and Football Studies.
This course provides you with a comprehensive introduction to Football Studies. It is extremely popular with school leavers who wish to combine a practical based training programme with sound theoretical knowledge. The course is designed to give you a broad understanding of Football, with a view to progressing to one of our Level 3 Diploma courses, or to start work in the sports industry.
This course covers practical skills and relevant background knowledge. Students are normally aged 16 or over and the following qualifications are needed:
- a minimum of 2 GCSEs at Grade D or above to include English Language
- or equivalent qualifications.
List of Units:
This will be comprised of the following modules:
- Anatomy & Physiology (5 credits)
- Fitness Testing & Training (5 credits)
- Planning and Leading Sports Activities (10 credits)
- Psychology for Sports Performance (10 credits)
- Practical Sport (10 credits)
- Technical Skills and Tactical Awareness for Sport (10 credits)
- Nutrition for Sports Performance (10 credits)
Assessments will include assignments and practical work. There are no formal examinations on the Level 2 Diploma.
Possible Careers / Jobs:
- Fitness Instructor
- Leisure and Recreation Assistant
- Sports Coach
- Armed Forces
- Sports Retail
- Sports Instructor
- Sports Development Assistant
The vast majority of students progress onto the Level 3 BTEC Diploma courses if they gain sufficient merits on the Level 2 Diploma.
Equipment and/or Clothing: Indoor/outdoor sports kits.
Extra Costs: Coaching Awards